1 large can of peaches or any fruit or sugar sweetened fresh fruit
1 cup self rising flour
1 cup milk
1 cup sugar
½ stick butter or margarine
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the ½ stick of butter into a shallow baking dish. Place into oven for butter to melt. When butter has melted remove from oven and swirl pan so that all of the pan bottom and sides are covered.
- Mix the flour, sugar, and milk together in a large bowl until mostly smooth, there will be a few lumps, that is ok.
- Pour the batter into the butter in the baking dish. Do not stir. The butter will pool a little in the corners.
- Spoon the fruit and its juice into the batter. Try to spread the peaches evenly over the batter, but do not stir.
- Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes until lightly browned. The batter will rise and cover the fruit.
- Serve hot or cooled.