Chicken Brunswick Stew
1 chicken, cut up
1 quart corn
1 quart tomatoes
1 pint okra
1 pint butter beans or limas
Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the chicken until very tender and falling from bones.
- Pull the meat from the bones and cut into cubes. Return to the water in which it was cooked.
- Add vegetables and cook down until a thick mixture. Cook slowly, stirring often to prevent scorching.
- Bread crumbs may be added if needed to thicken.
- I like to add a dash of Worcestershire sauce, but it is not part of this original recipe.
This is a quick and easy version of Brunswick Stew. For a more traditional recipe see Brunswick Stew Recipe – Liquid Barbecue