Sauteed Pork Chops with Chutney Glaze
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
4 thin sliced pork chops
¼ cup dry Madeira Wine
1/3 cup chutney, chopped
1 large lime
salt and black pepper
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat.
- Add pork chops and cook until browned on both sides, removing to a platter when done.
- Add wine to drippings and stir to loosten brown bits on bottom of pan (fond).
- Bring to a boil and cook until wine is reduced by half.
- Reduce heat to medium, return the pork chops to the skillet and add the chutney.
- Cover and simmer until pork is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, slice half the lime thinly for garnish. Squeeze juice from remaining half and add to the pork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve pork chops garnished with lime slices.